Wednesday, August 14, 2013

The Final Countdown

I can't believe how fast this summer went! When I was leaving Saint Mike's in May, it seemed that next semester was centuries away; but now here we are. I leave for Switzerland next Tuesday. 

I had an awesome break interning for Angus King and doing lots of fun summer things. I got to practice my public transportation skills on what seems like way too many buses and trains. Even though I worked for 13 hours a day for most of June, I also found lots of time for camping with the fam, swimming, hiking around some waterfalls, and visiting Saint Mike's just one last time before I left the country. Of course with all of this fun summer stuff I didn't leave myself much time to think about this upcoming semester. In usual Mary fashion, I saved everything for the last minute... I didn't even buy my plane ticket until mid-July. Somehow, mostly thanks to my family, it is all coming together. 

This week has been all about packing. Most of that process has consisted of me insisting that I need just one more T-shirt, and my sister, Ashley, and my mom trying to convince me that I don't have room. They have succeeded in cutting back on jeans and sweatshirts but I am holding strong on the flannel shirt. They just told me that my inner-diva is coming out, but I've decided that I'm okay with that if it puts me on the same list as Beyonce. 

Other than packing, I'm going to the Zac Brown concert with my roommate, Becky, and then I'm camping this weekend. All summer I've been jealously looking at other people's study abroad pictures as my friends took off for Australia, New Zealand, and Bhutan. I guess it's my turn now. Next time I write, I'll be off on my journey.

Adieu (did I mention that I forgot to learn French this summer...whoops) 
Mary 

No comments:

Post a Comment